Lake Mead N.R.A.

Lake Mead N.R.A.
READY TO ROLL!

Friday, February 12, 2010

Spending the Day with Ashley and Andrew

February 11, 2010.  I woke up really early.  It was still dark, but I was restless from having gone to bed early the night before.  I watched the sun rise from the back window of our fifth wheel travel home.

After the sun was up, a flock of about 10-12 pelicans descended on the salt marsh behind us and began swimming and feeding on fish.  It was interesting to watch them catch and swallow the fish.  Then they rested on the wooden barricade.


Before long, I saw a river otter swimming around not more than 20 yds. from us. I took this blurry shot through the window.


We had made plans to go shopping with our daughter, Ashley.  But first, we needed to take Maggie and Rico out for a walk and take care of some minor chores.  We walked the dogs down a dirt road across from Avalon Landings RV Park.  We came across Indian Bay Boat Launch, maintained by Santa Rosa County.  I can tell ya, it needed some maintaining.  dead fish and garbage all over!


We left Maggie and Rico at home and traveled the 3-5 miles to Ashley and Andrew’s home.  However, Ashley’s dog Ava was very persuasive in making me play a game of frisbee with her.  We waited for Andrew to get home from his half-day at the naval center and together we all went shopping.

Back at home, I decided to hook up our satellite dish, more for the experience than for any other reason.  We have cable t.v. provided by the park.  I was able to get a strong signal however, we weren’t able to get the local channels.  After speaking to the customer service for over and hour, it turns out I locked on to one of the wrong satellites!  How does that happen!  By now it was raining so re-alignment may be a day or two down the road!  Hey, it’s all a learning curve.  I’ll eventually get the hang of this satellite business!
It remained cold and overcast all day.  The weather guessers had issued a winter storm warning to include the panhandle of Florida.  In fact they were predicting snow for tomorrow morning.  We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment