Lake Mead N.R.A.

Lake Mead N.R.A.
READY TO ROLL!

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Mountain View RV Park, Monticello, Utah

July 28, 2010.
So, I said in the last post, I would post some pictures of Mountain View RV Park and provide some more details.  
The only information I had on this park was from what I read on the website RV Park Reviews and from the Mountain View RV Park. I knew from calling ahead that with tax it would be $21.04 per day so I didn't have high expectations. However, the location in Utah and near Canyon Lands National Park, Moab and Monument Valley made it appealing. More importantly its at 7900 ft. and cool!
When we pulled in (after driving through town) Joyce immediately didn't like the park as it is a bit tight. However, we've been in tighter spots and paid a lot more. Of course the other reason is that there isn't any real shopping to speak of in Monticello. In fact the closest grocery store is 24 miles away.
We decided (with a little persuasion) to stay for a week as planned. They have about four or five 50 amp sites however, they are gravel sites with no grass or trees. So I took a 30 amp pull-through for the shade.
The park fills fast with folks passing through the area. It's located right off Hwy 191 so it's a little noisy with traffic. However, it seems to be quiet at night.
This morning we rode our bikes into town. Below is a picture of the San Juan County Court House.
We did some window shopping and checked out the few shops along main street.
We stopped for a late pizza lunch and then took our time riding back to the campground. There's not a whole lot to see in the town of Monticello.
Later after dinner, we took Maggie and Rico for a walk in town as we enjoyed the cool evening.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for posting pictures and comments. I am leaving from Florida and needed to stay at Mountain View for a month and couldn' to get much info. Now I have a good idea of what to expect. As you stated it is near Canyonlands where I will be touring. For that reason, it is reasonable place to park. For double the price, I can stay in a nicer place in Moab but it is a bit far from Canyonlands.

    ReplyDelete