Lake Mead N.R.A.

Lake Mead N.R.A.
READY TO ROLL!

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Back to N.A.S. Corpus Christi and TST Tire Monitors

June 9, 2011 Nas Corpus Christi.
That last few days I've been recouping with my steroid regime and the occasional pain pill. I've been able to move around fairly well, just not fast or for very long. So I began making our outside preparations to leave beginning on Tuesday. I aired up the Goodyear RST's on our fifth wheel to 110 first thing in the morning Tuesday and then aired up all the tires on the truck and Jeep. It's a lot of moving around by the time you take into account flushing tanks, dismantling the satellite, putting away chairs, cleaning the truck packing miscellaneous gear etc.
Today we were up early and made the last preparations before saying good-bye to Les, Sheri and other folks in the Cottonwood Creek RV Park. We sure enjoyed our time in the park and the friendship of Les and Sheri whom are the most gracious park owners we've had the pleasure to know. If you are ever in the Austin/ Hill Country area and are looking for an RV Park it's worth checking out Cottonwood Creek RV Park.
We were on the road by 8:45 with temps in the upper 70's expected to be in the mid 90's by afternoon. I'm always a bit concerned on travel days when the weather is hot. I keep my eye on my TST tire pressure/ temperature monitor. I have the transponders on the fifth wheel tires only. I started out with pressure readings ranging from 107-111 and temperatures of 74-78. There always variance and the system isn't precise. 

View Larger Map

As we traveled down the interstate at 60 mph the temperature outside was in the low 90's and the tires were heating to <110 degrees with average pressures in the mid 120's. My main focus is making sure the tires are all within the same range.
After a long stop for lunch to walk the dogs and grab a fast food lunch at a truck stop, we were only a couple more hours away. We were registering at the park on base by 1:30 and afterwards quickly got set up in the full sun and warm ocean breeze. We fired up both A/Cs and got the rig cooled down so that Maggie and Rico could stay cool as we worked at getting set-up (it's all about Maggie and Rico). I'll post pics of our site tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment