Lake Mead N.R.A.

Lake Mead N.R.A.
READY TO ROLL!

Friday, April 2, 2010

April Fool's Day, Domestic Chores


April 1, 2010 April Fools Day.
This morning started off with temps in the mid 60's and windy. It warmed to the upper 70's with partly cloudy skies. The wind had been gusty overnight and pushed a dead oak tree about 7 ft. tall over on my truck. The truck wasn't damaged but it put a hole in my truck cover. I'm glad I had the cover on it. I frequently get teased about the covers but, they serve their purpose.

We had discovered that the Carriage 2010 Texas National Rally is being hosted in Kerrville beginning April 12.  That's only about 60 miles from us. I spent part of the morning attempting to learn more and attempt to get in. We've never been to a rally so this would be our first experience. I finally got ahold of the host. So now we are on a waiting list for the Rally Park, Guadalupe River Resort. However, if we want to go we may have to book a reservation in a neighboring RV park. The rally is overbooked and they are expecting over 100 Carriage owners. So at this point it's something we will consider even though it would mean we would need to leave Cottonwood Creek RV Park a few days early if we want to be at the rally for the "registration social" on Sunday.

We went into Dripping Springs to run some errands. Joyce wanted to go back to the Tractor Supply Store (I love it!) and buy a pair of hiking boots she saw. Afterwards we went to the post office to pick up mail that we had sent to us via Post Office general delivery from our mail forwarding service at American Home Base.

We spent the rest of the day at home just hanging out. Joyce did the laundry. It continued to be windy all day with a front expected tonight and tomorrow. I updated Our Rig page and did some research on RV tires. But, I'll save that for a future post.

No comments:

Post a Comment