Lake Mead N.R.A.

Lake Mead N.R.A.
READY TO ROLL!

Monday, March 15, 2010

Under the Weather

March 13-14, 2010.


Yesterday March 13, I was a bit under the weather but we decided to take a spin into Lake Charles and have a look around.  It was a beautiful sunny if not windy day. We took I-210 east and drove over this rather high bridge under repair.  




We went in search of the historic district and came upon this old city hall building and this beautifully restored home.





After a bite to eat at a local diner, we went back home.  The rest of the evening, I was feeling worse from this cold.  I went to bed early.

March 14,
With daylight savings time, I slept till noon as Joyce took care of Maggie and Rico.  I hadn't slept well the night before with all the coughing etc.  So I took advantage of the opportunity to sleep in.

I got out of bed feeling better and made us a late brunch out on the grill in the very bright warm sunshine.  We talked with some of our neighbors and made plans for the rest of our stay.  Then before we knew it we were both taking an afternoon nap.  Temps. were in the upper 70's.  

After I got up from the nap,  I fueled up my truck and manually figured the mileage from our last trip.  222 mile @ 10.5 mpg.  I think that was pretty good!  Then I took it to a carwash outside the park and gave it a good cleaning before covering it up.  There's been a lot of pollen in the air and it settles on the vehicles. 



Next it was time to wash Joyce's car.  I cleaned it up good and put on the car's bra as we noticed a lot of smashed bugs on our last trip.  I try to the keep the vehicles covered whenever I can, to not only protect from dirt and pollen but to protect the finishes from the sun.


We walked Maggie and Rico and took a photo of the sunset in the park.


And a better shot of the refinery in the distance at the East end of the park.  Joyce calls it the Emerald City.


Although I'm feeling better, I'm only about 80% so I'll need to get some more rest and take it easy!  

No comments:

Post a Comment