Lake Mead N.R.A.

Lake Mead N.R.A.
READY TO ROLL!

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Chillin and Truck Maintenance

February 21 and 22, 2010.
The last couple of days have been beautiful, with cool mornings, slightly overcast and moderate afternoons in the low to mid 60’s. 
Joyce took Ashley shopping on Sunday and I stayed home with Maggie and Rico, except for a short windy ride on my bike.  Not a whole lot going on!  Sometimes It’s nice to just chill.
Monday, February 22, I had an oil change scheduled for my truck.  I got out early and made a trip to Walmart to buy 3 gallons of Rotella T 15w-40 oil for my truck.  A good diesel mechanic at a Dodge dealership had recommended this oil.  
I got to my 10:00 appointment at Milton Dodge a little early. My truck’s manual says to change the oil every 6 months or no longer than 7500 miles.  The truck itself has a sensor that detects something in the oil, which will cause the “change oil” message to come on in the overhead.  I haven't seen that message yet!


I had the first oil change at 2500 miles.  Today’s oil change was at just over 6600 miles.  However, I’ve owned the truck for 11 months now.   Even though it's early, I wanted to get it done now since we will be traveling more frequently in the next few months.


Back home and after lunch, I set out for another bike ride of about 18 miles on my mountain bike.  It was a bit windy, but it felt good.

1 comment:

  1. Just stumbled upon your blog! :) Glad to see you are enjoying a wonderful lifestyle. Happy and safe travels.

    ReplyDelete