Lake Mead N.R.A.

Lake Mead N.R.A.
READY TO ROLL!

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Foul Weather Delay of Plans

February 24, 2010.  The day started off cold, windy and cloudy with rain expected all along the gulf coast.  We had planned to move west today towards Biloxi, Misssissippi.  However, the weather caused us to cancel our plans and extend another day at Avalon Landing RV Park.


Joyce went to a matinee movie with Ashley and I stayed home with Maggie and Rico and made preparations outside for our move tomorrow.  I checked the air in the fifth wheel tires getting a reading of 76 lbs. at @ 48 degrees F.  I aired them all up to 78 degrees and put the tire pressure sensor/ transmitters back on the wheels.  Max is 80 lbs. however, I chose to not go to 80 due to the cold temps.
  




I loaded the bikes on the rack on the kingpin and a stowed the satellite dish and stand. 



I also picked up our solar lights and other miscellaneous items in preparation for an early departure.  I had read on a Carriage RV forum of a potential problem with regard to the slide motors.  Apparently the mounting bolts for the slide motors may come loose over time causing slide retraction issue.  Based on that information, I check out the motor mount bolts on the door side slide and discovered they were each about a 1/4 to 1/2 turn loose.  So I snugged them up for piece of mind.  I'll be checking the other large off-door slide motor soon.  The bedroom slide motor is located under the bed and it's the smallest slide so likely not exposed to as much stress. 


That evening we took Ashley out to dinner.  Unfortunately, Andrew is now back in flight school and has a lot of studying to do for the next 6 weeks of this phase.  He decided to study instead.  When we got back we all said our good-byes.  I'm sure it will be a while before we see them again.


We plan to leave to no later than 10:00 tomorrow.   Destination is a Gulf Islands National Seashore, Davis Bayou.  It's a first come first serve park, so we shall keep our fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment